Following the abolition of gift duty on 1 October, we publish a special edition of Fineprint here.
You may be considering whether to complete your gifting programme in one fell swoop – or perhaps not.
Everyone has their own reasons for establishing a trust, and your own individual situation will be unique to you and your family. Completing your gifting programme in its entirety may not be the best step for you.
Do get in touch with us so we can talk about the best path forward for you and your particular circumstances.
Today we publish the Autumn issue of Trust eSpeaking; we hope you enjoy reading it. If you would like to talk further about any issue about trusts, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
In this March edition, we have articles on:
- Gift Duty Abolition: from 1 October 2011
- Rush to Trust – or Maybe Not? Careful on relationship property issues
- What Might Happen with Future Trusts Legislation?
The latest EJ update is available here.
In this issue:
- Trust review
- A commercial property opportunity in Te Awamutu
- New debt recovery service
- Update on gift duty changes
- Stay informed with email alerts from the Edmonds Judd website
If you wish to discuss anything in the EJ update please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Edmonds Judd will be closed for the holiday period from 12:00 pm on Thursday, 23rd December 2010. The office will reopen on Monday 10th January 2011 with a skeleton staff between the hours of 9:00am and 3:00pm. A full complement of staff will be available from 8.30am Wednesday, 19th January 2011.
Have a merry and safe holiday!
The latest EJ newsletter the EJ Update is available here. The latest Fineprint is available here.
This EJ Update includes information about:
- The ‘Legal Warrant of Fitness’ a new and simple survey that ensures that your personal and business affairs are up-to-date
- Changes to witnessing of enduring power of attorney documents
- The Government’s proposal to do away with gift duty
- Changes to the definition of ‘beneficiary income’